Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day One-February 26, 2013


I have arrived in my favorite place once again; Kauai.  This time to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and this time is the first without kids and/or parents. This is my seventh visit to the island and my husband Tracy's sixth. Because we've done a lot of the "must-dos" already on previous trips, we're hoping to see/visit/do things and beaches that we haven't been able to before because of restrictions of having little ones. We have only one planned activity while we're here (zip lining). 
We arrived in HNL from Seattle,  and then hopped on over to this beautiful island, where we picked up the rental car at Alamo and went immediately over to visit a site I've wanted to see, the Ahukini Pier. I'm into photography and I had seen a really cool picture in a magazine of this place. The surf was up and crashing over the rocks in the distance and the ruins of the pier were very interesting.












We then drove up to Hanalei Bay Resort, where we're staying at one of the studios managed by Parrish, walked around the grounds, which of course are beautiful, and then headed to Foodland to get some things to eat.

It's still amazing to me that while I've now been here so many times, there are still so many things that I have yet to see. And it's also very nice not to have a specific plan!












No comments:

Post a Comment