Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 8, March 5, 2013

Today we went for a run around the condo complexes that I always read about, such as the Poipu Kai development, Nihi Kai, Kiahuna Plantation and a bit along the shore by the Marriott Waiohai Club/ Kiahuna Plantation. 

We went back and had breakfast and then set out for a drive to the west.  We weren’t sure where we were going to go so we just headed out and we ended up going through Hanapepe, which we had never seen, then we stopped at Salt Pond Beach
Park, where we also haven’t been.  The beach was nice and we saw slight whale activity. 






























We then headed to Waimea so we could try Jojo’s Shave Ice, which we also haven’t had.  I definitely liked Jojo’s and it rivals Paradice in quality for me. 

We then headed back south and stopped at the Poipu Shopping Village and I got a coffee at Starbucks and we did a bit of shopping. We also made reservations at Keoki’s for that evening.  Then we headed back to the Hyatt to read by the pool for the afternoon.

In the evening, I went down to the Hyatt’s torchlighting ceremony, another event I’ve never done. I enjoyed a pina colada and watched the whales in one of my very favorite spots, the seaview terrace.   Afterwards, I introduced myself to Janet, the narrator of the ceremony, who is a main contributor of the Trip Advisor forum that I read frequently.  























We then went and had dinner at Keoki’s Paradise, a restaurant that we seem to go to every time we go to Kauai.  I had mahi mahi on mashed potatoes, and of course we had another good meal.  We then went to the the gelato place in the shopping village and had another good dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment